McMillan & Rawlings provides consulting services to clients in the areas of:
- Child Welfare System Reform and Improvement
- Juvenile Justice Reform
- Policy Analysis, Advocacy, and Implementation
- Monitoring and Evaluation
Our managing partner, Tom Rawlings, backs the advice and counsel he gives on these issues with over 15 years’ experience in child welfare and juvenile justice as a judge, state child welfare ombudsman, policy advocate, and consultant. Combining academic research with practical, front-line experience, we are skilled in quickly assessing system needs; advocating needed change; and building strong relationships to implement that change through collaboration, education, encouragement, and support.
Our firm collaborates with a nonprofit consortium, Child Welfare & Justice Training International, to serve governmental, nonprofit and charitable clients. Through this consortium, we are able to provide you with a team of consultants who can bring you:
- Expertise in healthcare and social policy, including policy regarding children, families, and the elderly;
- Custom-designed community needs assessments and stakeholder surveys;
- Training curricula and technical assistance; and
- A wealth of expertise in monitoring and evaluation of your project.